Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The Books


Since 2014, I kept on receiving books, one after another. It was given without i even asked for it. I knew who the Sender is. I received them with an open heart full of curiosity. The Sender did not leave any messages to me. It was sort of like an unwritten message... like "I am giving you this, learn, and use it wisely".

So I am free to just let it be unread. And if i read them books, i am free to decide whether to read halfway or entirely until the end. If i have finished it, i am free to keep or return it. 

Usually right after I decided to close a book and return it, a next new book would be delivered to my doorstep. The Sender knows everything! He never failed to send me a book to brighten up my days. There are quite a number of reasons why i decided to close a book. It could be because the books are boring, too predictable or just not up to what i imagined it to be. And the Sender was never mad when i closed any book. He knew my reasons and He is okay. 

The earlier books that I received; Civil (2014/2015), Bicycle I (2015) and Coffee (2015/2016), I did not bother to scribble in them. I thought it's not nice to scribble in a book which i knew i would return it later. But after the 4th book onward; Gas (2016), Cloud (2017), and Bicycle II (2017), I started to scribble, jot some notes or doodled in them. I don’t know why I did it. I wish I could turned back the time and refrained from dirtying the books. Well, it's not literally dirty, hey i use colorful pencils and i am pretty much damn sure my doodles looks beautiful and i think if the books can speak, they would be honored that i doodled in them. Haha. Anyway all the six books are now closed and safely returned. Alhamdulillah. I learnt a lot. *smiles*

For now, I'd like to keep just the 7th book, Paradise (2018). To me the 7th book is so wonderfully charming, it’s a mix of everything that I like from book 1 to book 6. I am so grateful and happy to have found "Paradise" that makes me feel at peace. 

I used to keep this one book for 9 years, my Poetry book (2003) that I loved so much.. i bring him anywhere i go. However it was taken away from me in 2012... In the blink of an eye it was gone... But I believe in whatever that is taken away from us, will be replaced with something better... we don't know but Allah knows. 

I wish to keep Paradise for as long as i could, just like how i did with Poetry... and when the time comes, i wish the Book-Giver would take me first instead of my book cause i am not sure whether i could bear another loss. 

So, with that, I end my story-telling. *smiles* Thank You. 

No comments: