Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Words (ramblings)


Words are what keeps me company. It gives me a sense of existence and only through my writing do i truly understand why i do what i do. Only through the strains of sometimes incoherent words that i understand the need for me to keep on writing. To keep on making people read the words that i most of the time i keep for myself. My mother once said to me that "Your words are God's gift to you, share it.." So i keep writing. I keep writing and composing sentences hoping that maybe one day people would understand that my gift to humanity are my words.

My gift to humanity is to make them see the addictive affect of the words. Some people spend their whole lives writing and never understanding why they write. Who are they writing for. What they're writing for. I said to a group of young people the other day, whats the point of speaking in public if what you say is going to be forgotten entirely? What the point of writing an assignment if it is meant to be kept away in a dustbin? Whats the point of writing at all if you cant pour your heart and soul to every word that you believe in? Whats the point of writing if you dont even try to be different?

I dont want to be "general", i dont want to be the same, i do not want to conform, i dont want to be average, and i refuse to be tied down. I just want to write......

Let me write my words, let me tell the world what i know. Let me compose stories for you that will take you flying to the ends of the world. Let me write poems that will tease your tears. Let me compose my ideas that will make you think of more ideas. Let me type the words that eases the mind, let me write between and across lines and boundaries, let me use the whole page of paper as it is and not how you tell me to. Let me write in cursives, let me write in bold. Let me be bold when i write. Let me write about life, love and hate, war and peace, heart and soul, fiction and true, magical and fantasy, motivational and inspirational. Just... let me write...

I have been a literature student for three years. I have been taught to write about what is asked of you. Write what we tell you to write. If i have learned anything in my three years here... it is this....

I want to write about anything and everything i want to. I want to write about suicide and poverty, i want to write about euthanasia and genocide. I want to write about myself and I. I want to write like im singing. I want to sing like im writing. I want to understand why i write.... so the next time i write.... i might find the answer that i have asked myself since i can remember...

"Why do I write??"

2 comments:

Summer said...

It's only words..And words are all you have..to take the readers/listeners hearts away.. hehe.

Your words..fitly spoken..are like apples of gold in pictures of silver..

and i love the scent of Delicious apple! =)

haidar said...

what is sharper then the sword?

pen!!